Multifamily Leadership, which specializes in advising industry executives, announced the rankings at its annual leadership summit in Scottsdale, Ariz., on Nov. 28, 2018.
The rigorous assessment process evaluated each company's employee policies and procedures, as well as responses from the company's employees. The rankings program is part of a long-term initiative to encourage growth and excellence throughout the multifamily apartment industry and to attract new leaders to the industry. Once all criteria are met, organizations are given an employer benefits and policies questionnaire and an employee engagement and satisfaction survey. The survey makes up 75 percent of the overall score and the questionnaire makes up the remaining 25 percent.
"Ultimately, we serve our clients by investing in our employees," The Management Group President John Paul Diego said.
"If you want to know if it's a great place to work, you ask the people who work there," Founder and CEO of Multifamily Leadership Patrick Antrim said. "Employee engagement is actually a much more powerful indicator of organizational success than the size of the company, as employee engagement is tied to behavior and higher performance."
"We are well aware that the No. 1 asset we manage is people," TMG Executive Vice President Jamin Harkness said. "When we have the right team, everything else falls into place."
The employee survey consists of nearly 80 statements for employees to respond to, along with two open-ended questions and seven demographics questions, and the employer questionnaire asks about an organization's company policies, practices and demographics.
The employee survey focuses on the following:
- Leadership and planning
- Corporate culture and communications
- Role satisfaction
- Work environment
- Relationship with supervisor
- Training, development and resources
- Pay and benefits
- Overall engagement
The Management Group LLC (TMG) is an Atlanta-based, full service real estate asset management provider comprised of professionals from the multifamily, retail, construction and development sectors. TMG is dedicated to leveraging technology and best practices across sectors to simplify every interaction between our service and the end customer